Effective management of safety, health, environment, quality, energy, carbon reduction, and responsible sourcing is of key importance to the sustained success of our business. We have a single sustainability policy, which is regularly reviewed and communicated to employees, contractors, visitors, key stakeholders and our supply chain to inform and promote wider adoption of responsible practices.
We comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements. Co-operation in the effective implementation of the policy is a condition of employment, partnership and supply.
Business and product innovation
We will ensure continuous business and product innovation. We:
- Engage with all Senior Management team members to encourage innovative development of our products, services and manufacturing systems to continually improve our sustainability performance.
- Inform our clients about the functional, environmental and safety performance of our products.
- Adopt a systematic and integrated approach and are committed to achieving the highest standards in complying with ISO 9001.
Health, safety and wellbeing
We will ensure HX Car Park Management is a safe and healthy place to work for all employees. We:
- Are committed to eliminating risk in the workplace through monitoring performance and implementation of best practice.
- Develop and implement action plans to ensure the health, safety and mental wellbeing of all employees.
- Are committed offering all employees regular mental health and wellbeing checks with registered mental health professionals.
We are committed to fulfilling our share of the responsibility of tackling global warming and we will continue to reduce our impact on air, land and water. We:
- Have stringent targets to reduce carbon emissions from all our operations.
- Will transition our operational fleets from traditional combustion engines to alternative forms of energy and, through collaboration with suppliers, our fleets will be more efficient through new technology.
- Set science-based targets to reduce carbon emissions and energy consumption, reduce the use of fossil fuel through efficiency improvements and the use of alternative and renewable sources.
- Seek to apply the principles of environmental stewardship throughout our operations. by managing and restoring our sites to ensure land remains of value; implementing biodiversity net gain and safeguarding geodiversity where appropriate.
- Use water efficiently and are committed to recycling all possible materials.
Resource use and the circular economy
We will conserve natural resources. We:
- Use resources appropriately and sustainably and, where possible, substitute primary resources with alternative materials.
- Adopt the waste hierarchy of waste prevention, reuse of materials, recycling, co-processing and energy recovery to minimise waste disposal and maximise productivity.
- Develop products that improve the quality and sustainability of the built environment and seek to eliminate all non-conforming products.
Fairness, inclusion and respect
We will be a fair, respectful and inclusive company; encouraging a culture that values openness and transparency and recognises individual achievement. We:
- Strive for the fair treatment of all our employees and everyone in our supply chain.
- Value our workforce and, by recruitment, selection and development of employees, contractors and suppliers, ensure they are appropriately skilled and competent to carry out their roles.
- Are committed to the consultation and participation of workers and workers’ representatives through formal mechanisms.
***In-depth Sustainability Policy available on request.