20 Questions With.... Our Head of Sustainability, Susan MeadwellThu Feb 2021
Today is the United Nations International Day of Women and Girls in Science. A day to celebrate and recognise the critical role women and girls continue to play in the world of science.
In honour of this day here's 20 'get to know me' questions with Susan Meadwell, our very own Environmental Scientist and Head of Sustainability.
- What’s the best piece of professional advice you’ve ever received?
“We are all human – don’t stop asking difficult questions you need the answer to”
- What interests you the most about the parking industry?
The industry attracts such a diverse range of professional people working within it
- Which of Your Personality Traits Has Been The Most Useful throughout your career?
I have good attention to detail – I’m an artist at heart so I can look at a bigger picture and break it down to component parts
- If your career so far Had A Theme Song, What Would It Be?
Because my career has been so fundamentally linked to my life I would say ‘Everybody’s Free (to wear sunscreen)’ by Baz Luhrmann
- Who, if anyone, has been your biggest inspiration throughout your working life?
My dad, he is my inspiration, he is humble, hard-working, friendly, an interesting conversationalist, a lovely man with honest eyes
- What was your dream job as a child?
To be Queen of my magical kingdom
- What was your first job?
Glass collector in a busy town centre bar
- What goal do you think humanity is not focused enough on achieving?
Meeting basic human requirements for life across the globe
- What motivates you to work hard?
A sense of achievement and to be totally self-sufficient
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
Surviving my single-parent years and raising a happy teenager
- What’s your go-to karaoke song?
‘Kebab Spider’ by Sleaford Mods – thankfully not usually available in karaoke establishments
- The House Is On Fire, But Everyone Is Safely Out, The Pets Are Safely Out, And All Wallets/Cash Are Saved. If You Could Make One Last Dash To Get Something, What Would It Be?
- What’s The Most Interesting Thing You’ve Read Or Seen This recently?
Korean scientists have created solar panels that are transparent – humanity needs this surely?
- If you could invite 3 famous people to a dinner party who would you choose?
Ryan Gosling, Gillian Anderson, Paul Whitehouse
- If you could go back in time, what era would you travel to?
The roaring twenties
- What’s the last series you watched that you would recommend to someone?
“It’s A Sin” by Russell T Davies
- What three items would you take with you on a deserted island?
Presuming the island is full of drinking water and food, I’d take a sharp machete, a hammock and an eternal flame
- If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce?
It would be a law against violence, including road rage, and all acts punishable by an extensive period of compulsory hard labour, a hefty fine, and a sincere apology.
- Where’s the next place on your travel bucket list and why?
I’d love to travel to Sicily because it looks picturesque by the sea, I love the Italian language, food and wine
- Have you got any superstitions?
If someone sneezes in the office I will say “bless you” just in case the devil decides to steal their soul…..
If our friendly team of experts can advise you or for more information on the services we provide, please get in touch with our sales team on 03330 066 316 or alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information can also be found on our website: https://hx-pcn-com